Rocking bath taps

I just went to fit the taps to a new bath but when the nut is tight the taps will rock for/aft; presumably the underside of the bath top has a slope. Is there a standard way of dealing with this without having to faff about with homemade wedges?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Sounds odd. Take the taps out and make sure the nuts run all the way along the threads without snags. Otherwise the flange on the fixing nuts is snagging on the sloped part. Either try shifting the taps around the holes or trim the flange a bit (as a last resort!)

Reply to
daddyfreddy

I've just rechecked, the problem is definitely the slope. I really need a washer with a slope on it.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Oh - what a disappointment! I imagined a bath which rocked! I did wonder how deep you could have the water to prevent spillage and if you felt sea-sick...

Perhaps I should get out more.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Cut yourself some lead washers. Bend some lead flashing in half and drill through with a suitable spade bit then trim them down, to suit.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Thanks, 'interesting idea.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dont faff around with lead washers etc. If the slope is on the underside of the bath make a spacer by finding a piece of pipe that will fit over the tap threads. Cut one end to suit the slope of the bath and the other end square. Dont make it too long. About half the length of the threaded portion will do. Tighten all in place using rubber washers.

Reply to
Merryterry

... another excellent idea. Thanks!

Dave