Roca baths

Has anyone here had experience of installing a Roca Princess bath with handgrips? I've just bought one, but the grips don't seem to fit the bath.

Specifically, each grip is supposed to bolt into a pair of tapped sockets in the bath itself; but the thread on the grip's fitting bolt is not the same as the thread in the bath's socket.

Roca after-sales support are not being much help, they have staff sickness problems. Meanwhile my bathroom fitting job has been held up for several weeks.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Muddymike posted

I know, and I have. The supplier (First Bathrooms) referred me to Roca's after-sales support in an attempt to fix the problem, if it can be fixed. If it can't then clearly I have no option but to return the goods and claim a refund, but I don't want to do that if it can be avoided.

Reply to
Big Les Wade

Hi Les

I have the same issue - what did you end up doing? I am tempted to drill larger holes but dont want to damage the bath.

Cheers!

AM

Reply to
AM

Ultimately - after a great many phone calls - we got First Bathrooms to supply replacement baths, which turned out to be indeed compatible with the handles.

We never found out how the wrong baths came to be supplied, or indeed how the wrong baths existed in the first place.

We don't even know whether it was a Roca problem or a FB problem. Did you go through First Bathrooms too?

Reply to
Big Les Wade