Road signs

See

ARWadsworth

Dennis, you end up calling everyone stupid. You make a prat of yourself and then call people stupid when they pull you up on it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If cyclists paid road tax + the equivilant to the tax on fuel they would have the right to complain about potholes. Since they are unlicensed, un taxed & uninsured - tough.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hi, stupid, have you worked out how I got my two PPro saws so cheap yet?

Reply to
dennis

I pay my road tax for my car, I expect the road to be OK for me when I cycle. I am also insured. There is no fuel used other than food, I take it you want VAT on food.

Reply to
dennis

And if cyclists took

no problem.

I am going to buy a left hand drive van so that when I am indicating left at some traffic light I can punch the cyclist in the face that is trying to undertake me.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It is simply no entry to people riding cycles onto a motorway. There is no need to specifically prohibit cycles that are not being ridden as it is perfectly legal to carry them on a truck, etc. and illegal to be a pedestrian, therefore you cannot push one along. Bicycles as such are not prohibited. It is impossible to get onto a bicycle on a motorway without breaking other laws, whereas no smoking signs are not saying that lit cigarettes are denied entry, but that they may not be in the area at all.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Off 'the back of a lorry' from a pikey down the pub?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now you really are taking the piss Dennis.

Most roads are not suitable for cars never mind a cycle.

Your road taxes, along with mine, were not spent on roads . The Government might have spent it on potholes but certainly not on good roads.

Any sane person will be insured to cycle. House contents insurance may cover you in some circumstances.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That may be how you get stuff but I don't.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, simple really - you tell lies.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Sign seen yesterday: "Cyclists and Equestrians must dismount". Somewhere on the A4 IIRC, can't tell you where...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Where does the noise come from - moving a chunk of metal through the air, or from tyre/road contact? Is it really significantly different at 100 vs.

70? I'm really not sure - vehicles seem quiet at very low speeds, but loud at upwards of 50, but presumably *someone* has done studies if reducing noise is cited as a reason for lowering limits.

Urgh, I remember the M11 used to be just nasty - always sounded and felt like a tyre was letting go (not helped in the slightest by so many troughs, potholes, expansion gaps, badly-patched bits etc.)

Hopefully they've fixed it by now...

Reply to
Jules

My prefered way of getting around Manchester is going clockwise round the M60 from the M61. The M60 gets less congested going in that direction. No Trafford centre, or Trafford park employment area.

If you are coming down the M62 then going clockwise will put a few more miles on the run, but be less stressful to you and the car. Join the M56 and you can turn off onto the A 49.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , "dennis@home" writes

Sure as f*ck, you don't

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

So you have finally answered my question - you consider yourself to be a god driver

IIRC you claimed earlier (paraphrasing, ICBA to look) that people who consider themselves to be good drivers are usually the worst

Yes - Dennis, I'm sure you are the archetype poor driver who blindly thinks they are the best and can't see why he isn't

You are like the german driver who died KNOWING that he had right of way

Reply to
geoff

In message , "dennis@home" writes

You do make the most stupid connections and assertions

No wonder you were a crap engineer until you were made redundant

Reply to
geoff

In message , Clot writes

Like those who slavishly think they are saving the planet by installing CFCs ,

shall we call it denwash - one who has absolute confidence that he is a safe driver because he isn't breaking the speed limit

Reply to
geoff

Did the German in question have the initials A.H.?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth