road marking quality flourescent paint

Where can one get the proper stuff ? All the ads I can find are for tiny pots of toy-quality stuff.

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

Using the search string "road marking paint" in Google shopping returns dozens of hits for various colours in sizes from 1 litre to rather larger. You can even get it in aerosol spray cans, and the supplier will also sell you a wheeled trolley to hold the can while it squirts the line, giving a sharp edge to the line. Johnstone Paints seem to be one of the main makers

If it's a major job and you want the paint to be proud of the surface, it might be worth getting some contractors in and have them use the officially approved thermoplastic stuff with the retroreflective glass beads in it, which seems to come in 25 kilogramme bags and needs a large boiler with a built in mixing paddle to melt. If you want it to be noticeably proud of the surface, you'll need the thermoplastic stuff anyway. It ain't cheap, though....

Reply to
John Williamson

What do you mean by "flourescent"?

Glows when illuminated by UV light. Glows in the dark for a time without illumination. A vivid bright colour in ordinary light, aka "day-glo". Retro reflective like offical road markings/signs.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

May be you can cook cakes with it?

Reply to
F Murtz

Where can one get the proper stuff ? All the ads I can find are for tiny pots of toy-quality stuff.

ARCO

They have a webshyte

Reply to
Nthkentman

Is it not in two parts, an undercoat and a top coat? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Round here, someone took to unofficially re-painting the zebra crossing over the course of two nights, dunno what paint they used but it hasn't lasted well ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Andy Burns put finger to keyboard:

Some idiot round my way decided to paint an extra zebra crossing on one of the main through roads. How anyone so stupid managed to get the black- white-black-white sequence in the correct order is a mystery.

Reply to
Scion