Rising damp

There seems to be some controversy about rising damp - is it real, does it really exist? Is it true that some sceptical London borough council has a reward on offer for anyone who can demonstrate an actual example of rising damp?

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

"D.M. Procida" wrote in message news:1h704w8.ufurni1xl2kvsN% snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk...

it used to exist BBC have a photo here

they don't make them like them any more

Reply to
Mr Fixit

I'm sure that story used to be featured on:

Jeff Howell seems to have toned down his anti-damp-proofing-company tirade a bit and it seems to have gone. Indeed, the above webpage is entitled and I'm pretty sure he simply used to say it didn't exist, full stop.

includes some quite good stuff on the matter.

David

Reply to
Lobster