RIP Wickes

By the time I came along it was nothing like a warehouse.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You really must eff off as you are a total idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep.

I did the commissioning too.

It was sexy system for the time - pure sex. 1980.

I recall they found it difficult to rent space out as the evil Thatcher had got in power and all went pear shaped with the country. Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Did you cut a pipe with your hacksaw and blow it up, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Matt, is talking through rear hole as usual.

5 yr guarantee. Wickes have three ranges. Black DIY 1 yr, blue semi-pro 3 yr and grey full pro at 5 yr. They sell Hitachi 1 yr. The Kress SDS drill are superb quality and price and a 5 year guarantee. Ask Makita what their guarantee is.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You're still as clueless as ever Drivel... :~(

Reply to
:Jerry:

Is the building now blow up? You are an effing idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Do you mean those offices were warehouses?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Like a bouncy castle?

Just as likely as you having designed the HVAC systems.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doctor Drivel ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Thought you said you did the HVAC design? That would be before even the very earliest stages of the build, I'd think - at which point it would be damn near a warehouse.

Reply to
Adrian

Doctor Drivel ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Because, of course, Thatcher's '80s were renowned as being a time when the thriving economic powerhouse that was Britain-in-the-70s started to slide into moribund unemployment, and entrepreneurial skills were left out in the rain...

Reply to
Adrian

Have you seen the 21st century equivalent, though? It's an electronic bracelet which they wear; if they stray more than 25 or whatever yards from Mummy the box in her Burberry bag goes off; that way they're free to wreak whatever havoc they like at B&Q in complete safety, allegedly, and Mummy is happy that they won't be snaffled off by the local B&Q-browsing paedo.

David

Reply to
Lobster

He really should eff off for his own good.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Look again.

All from drawings. No site visit. Why visit an empty shell?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yep, that is what I said.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Err, IIRC office space was flying out of landlords hands (even in the dark days of the recession), due to all the 'new economy' based industries starting up, it was the old style manufacturing / factory space that was becoming moribund...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Don't tell porky pies Dribble, the last job you did was the gasfitting at Ronan Point.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

He was allowed to take the empty boxes to the skip.

Promotion to tea-boy escaped him once people realised he wasn't safe to be left in charge of a tea-urn.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nope. The Gamages building when converted to offices was empty for a looooong time. We had a maintenance contract to baby-sit the system as the building was totally empty.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Then it was due to either location or standard of accommodation not politics or economics, as I said, other office space was being rented out or sold without problems.

Reply to
:Jerry: