RIP Wickes

Well my 6 year old has been 'helping' me with my woodworking and DIY for a few years now and is getting quite a nice collection of tools (cordless drilll, old orbital sander etc). Of course this probably explains the quality of some of the stuff I've (we've) made.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

And could they also chuck out the fat women in leggings? And the pensioners wearing baseball caps?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I hope not after dark. ;-)

No - my local common is Wandsworth.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you're the one who never puts stuff back in the right place in B&Q? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's spotty oiks with minds like that which are probably why you can never find the right bolts in the designated bins. Hours I have spent.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

(a) I was not a spotty oik at 6.

(b) I spent a good ten minutes last week tidying B&Q's cable display for them.

(c) I had my Lego all sorted into multicompartment boxes by size/type/colour of brick.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes, but in Builder's Merchants the hassle is the minimum 1hr wait until you are deemed worthy to talk to the clown in the brown overcoat. Plus the hassle of dealing with the Dr Drivel clone in the brown overcoat.

I tried to buy some tile cement in our local BM.

Me: I want 20Kg of Keraflex.

He: What do you want it for?

Me: It's tile adhesive, I want it to stick tiles to a wall.

He: What you want is...

Me: What I want is 20Kg of Keraflex.

He: What for?

Me: To stick tiles on the wall.

He: What you want is...

Me: What I want is 20Kg of Keraflex, are you going to sell it to me?

He: What sort of tiles?

Me: Marble.

He: You can't stick those on a wall.

Me: Yes I can, with Keraflex.

He: No you can't.

.. sound of door closing and my car starting.

Life's too bloody short for Builder's Merchants.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've only occasionally had that one and cut them short at the first question, by saying that it doesn't matter and what's the price.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Knick Knack, Paddy whack.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The Medway Handyman ( snipped-for-privacy@nospamblueyonder.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Whilst ejecting them on taste grounds would be perfectly understandable, if not laudable, we'll say "No" at the moment on the grounds that they aren't actually endangering themselves and others around them.

Reply to
Adrian

Dave Plowman (News) ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Edward VI was the last, wasn't he?

Reply to
Adrian

Ours had them has well, now 10 and 7. Neither liked having reigns on but provided they held hands when very little or stayed close and behaved themselves when bigger they didn't have to wear them. Just taking them out of your pocket was enough to get proper behaviour...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's taken you long enough. Just as well Mary's away...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does it work with 23 year olds? ;-`)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Dave Plowman (News) ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Pffffft. Only about a minute from first seeing it - and most of that was just checking Wikipedia for which Edward it was...

Reply to
Adrian

I'm told there are clubs around Soho where it does.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The building in Hatton Garden was turned into rented office space. I did the HVAC control system.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Do you mean in the design sense, the installation sense or the sexual sense?

Reply to
Andy Hall

You mean you picked some of the order off the warehouse racking... :~))

Reply to
:Jerry:

Given he doesn't know how to wire a two-way switch I'd say the anti-fantasy tablets have worn off.

Just as well, really. Can you imagine the queues for the washrooms while his favourite twin combis struggle to supply the hot water?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)