Ridiculous discounts at electrical wholesalers

What is it with electrical places quoting absurd discounts on equally ridiculous 'proper' prices to arrive at a normal one.....?

Just looking at a recent one from CEF for 5 metres of cable: Price £98394.74 per 1000m, Discount 98% goods Total £9.84.....

Reply to
Mike Harrison

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 14:05:31 GMT, Mike Harrison mused:

ridiculous 'proper' prices to

All covered in a recent thread.

Can't be bothered to go through it again, I'm sure you can find it, I was involved, that may narrow it down.

At the end of the day though, why does it matter? Who gives a frig whether you get a 1% or 99% discount to get to the same final price?

Reply to
Lurch