Ridiculous

Just been having a conversation with a friend by email.

I was telling him how, due to the snow earlier in the week, I lost all satellite TV because the snow had completely covered the dish and LNB.

His reply was, Quote "That can't happen to me, because my LNB has got a heater in it to prevent such things happening" endquote.

He has a Sky dish..... He's probably been listening to the dross from Rupert & James

Jim G

Reply to
the_constructor

Is he speaking of the crystal Oven to keep the oscillator stable?

To be honest, it should not be that hard to stop this occurring. We used to build in heaters to radar systems to help in this regard. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There's a setting on our analogue box to enable the heater in the LNB when the box is off. I don't actually know whether there is a heater.

There certainly aren't many channels left :(

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ