Ridge Tiles

I need to do something about some loose ridge tiles over my bay window.

I seem to recall that when the house was built it appeared that the mortar used to bed in the ridge tiles was sort of frothy (light-weight).

Should I ensure that something special is used? I am planning to do it myself as it is only at single floor level.

Reply to
John

I've always used ordinary mortar 6 sand 1 cement plus colourant if the mood takes me

I could be wrong but it works for me. Fill the gap with bits of tile offcut or even the remains of the exisitng mortar unless it has rotted.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin