Ricky Tomlinson gas ad.

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:10:11 -0000, Hywel Jenkins

113 months. ;-)
Or 40 if you diy.
Mark S.

And a very good job he's doing too. Any organisation that employs a bully like that (the character, not actor) as a teacher deserves to fail.
--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk says...

I don't think the character is a bully - he seems convinced that he's doing a great job of training the "cadets" really well.
--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk /

A lot less than a Sergeant major.

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:55:28 +0000, Dave Plowman wrote:

Quite frankly if the standard of training is 'may need to get wet' I am very uninmpressed - '101 imaginative locations for stop valves' or 'how to make that lump of rust no one's moved for 30 years cut the water' would be far better lesson plans.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

In typical B Gas style they have excellent training facilities.

Funny thing, advertising/endorsement revenue and principles. I lost all respect for Jamie Oliver when he became a puppet of Sainsbury's, quietly dropping his previous encouragements to use independent delis and markets and assaults on the supermarket's pursuit of fruit/veg aesthetics and uniformity at the neglect of flavour.

surely that particular accolade must surely go to Bliar.

'cos that's what some artistic media type thought would make good television.

If you get BG to supply the system, an awful long time......
-- Richard Sampson
On 04 Jan 2004, Michael McNeil wrote

Par for the course for him, I'd have thought.
Tomlinson is the guy who ripped into John Prescott when the latter said "Look: I've got fancy cars, a big salary and a couple of large houses. For me to claim to still be "working class" is fooling nobody." That seemed an honest assessment, but Tomlinson's line was that "once working class, always working class: people don't change; he's trying to get above himself".
Then people found out Tomlinson had, in a previous incarnation, been a member of the National Front.
At first he just refused any interview which raised the issue, then he started waffling about how he'd been young; didn't really understand these things at the time; it was a long time ago; he stopped being like that, etc, etc.
Puffing BG is nothing compared to claiming he's changed entirely but nobody else can possibly have changed over the years..
At least he's consistent in his hypocracy.
--
Cheers,
Harvey

I glanced his book in WH Smiths. He said he forgot the NF when he realised it wasn't immigration that was the root problem of the country. The NF is/was a one issue party. If you see 1000s of immigrants flooding into your city, and living around you, to keep labour cost down, you might do something drastic too.
He is wrong. Millions of working class people have no connection, especially culturally, with their working class roots.