RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.tech.heating

Especially when you consider that the purpose of a mortgage valuation is not to value the property, but to assess the risk to the lender.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Harper

In news:fCs6LtLvjVsDFwkk@[127.0.0.1], Wm... said

There nust be worse. :-)

Reply to
kat

Tue, 27 Dec 2005 18:20:22 uk.net.news.config kat

Die (d-i-y) must be amongst them.

Reply to
Wm...

Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:50:43 uk.net.news.config Paul Harper

While what Paul says may be true I can't see what it has to do with group creation.

Reply to
Wm...

Then there is absolutely nothing to stop you looking at the Vendor instigated survey , and if the house looks ok and you wish to know more you can pay for as much or as little as you like in the way of extra checks.

The same could be said of the current surveys , and many of the checks are things like local authority searches that will be exactly the same no matter who paid

It often isn't just a few hundred quid though. Depending on how far long things have got the cost can be thousands which wouldn't have been needed if more information was available from the start.

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

What a waste of time and money for the vendor! The cost will of course be passed on to the purchaser in effect, and now the purchaser pays twice.

That depends on whether the purchaser specifies the survey.

That is why there should be a conditional agreement at the start of the purchase to which the vendor and purchaser agree - a simple fix rather than yet another government sponsored gravy train.

Reply to
Andy Hall

This may be a good add-on market for surveyors. And *anyone* can buy the HIP to read it, of course.

(Not sure who said that, sorry!) The current structural and so on surveys

*already* use standard words and format, if you choose the RICS branded offering, Homecheck. Which I would.

Precisely. The CON29 is a standard format across all councils, and rightly so. As are most other searches, whether instigated by supplementary questions from the solicitor, or elsewhere. Standards actually imply consistency, and a coherence that allows the resulting document to be read clearly and understood by many people.

Ali

Reply to
Ali Hopkins

An "MOT" certificate has nothing to do with selling cars.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Would you buy a pre-loved car (over 3 years old) without a valid MOT?

The only person I have come across who did, had a car collapse into a heap of rust before he got it home.

Reply to
<me9

No, but the buying/selling isn't the raison d'être for the "MOT".

Reply to
Frank Erskine

The message from Geoff Berrow contains these words:

I can't think of a better one - can you?

Reply to
Rusty Hinge 2