reviving ballpoint pens

Junking out various cupboards I've found hoards of daughters' old pens. Some work and I put them on my desk at work for the theiving scrotes we employ to take. It's recycling of a sort.

Some don't write but can be revived, by placing in hot water, but not for long. Is there a solvent that might work better, possibly syringed into the ink tube? I know it can't be worth the effort but I'm turning into my dad at an accelerating rate.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

For anything halfway decent, you can get a remarkable range of refills here:

while there you would cats an eye at this DIY-orietned pen:

the site does come with a health warning for anyone who has OCD regarding writing implements...

Usual disclaimer - no connection other than as a satisfied customer - but not of the Messograf.

Reply to
polygonum

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

What a great site! I've hung on to a favourite Caran d'Ache Fixpencil for about 40 years in the hope that I would one day find a replacement sharpener for it. And now I have. And some leads too.

Reply to
Newshound

I had a Schaeffer snorkel, which extended a probe to suck up ink - quite a neat mechanism. It was a victim of a recent clear out as all rubber parts had perished.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Then you can spend hours cursing such a foolish decision.

NT

Reply to
NT

Maybe it's a legend in its own time.