reversed thermostat?

June has got herself a shiny new 6 ring two oven cooker, with a 5kw Wok burner, with hood and external ventilation kit. When she is using it the kitchen gets very hot.

Can anyone recommend a reverse thermostat to switch *on* the exhaust fan when the kitchen gets *too* hot. I have never seen one but they must exist.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

rated at 2A

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Most 230v central heating room stats have a call and satisifed (for heat) connection. You use the satisfied connection for this.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Pretty well any 'old fashioned' electro mechanical central heating room thermostat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doesn't need to be old fashioned - or mechanical! My Honeywell CM67 programmable stat has change-over contacts and can be used for cooling rather than heating if desired.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Yes - but rather OTT cost wise for this application?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed, but I was just pointing out that you could simply have said "pretty well any central heating room thermostat". Whereas an old fashioned mechanical stat is adequate, it isn't the *only* type which will do the job.

It's certainly the most cost effective, though! When I fitted the RM67 to my CH, I re-deployed the old mechanical stat inside my computer case to switch on a mains-powered fan when it gets too hot - precisely the sort of thing which the OP wants to do.

Reply to
Roger Mills

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:53:31 +0000, Dave Fawthrop mused:

I'd look at a hunmidistat aswell if it's as bad as it sounds in there. Any normal stat and 8 pin octal relay with base would do, but as others say, they're not as uncommon as you think. Bear in mind though that the older style mechanical stats are slower and slightly less accurate so might not actually be a great deal of use. If it were me I'd use a decent humidistat and thermostsat and if they don't have the required outputs then use a relay.

Reply to
Lurch