Revamping CH Feeds

Yet another question from ...sorry guys . My CH system at present consists of the 22mm flo and return pipes going up the hall for a few feet and then changes to 8mm and 10mm for the feeds to the rads ...utilising a pair of manifolds for 4 x

8mm and tees for the 10mm. It's all a bit untidy so what I was proposing to do was cut the 22mm pipe and dump the manifold and extend the 22mm further along and just use tees + reducers for each rad ...I then thought "why use 22mm...why not 15mm and tees with reducers " Any reason why I shouldn't use the 15mm?... Stuart
Reply to
Usenet Nutter

As you are clearly not up to the job and as you are Scottish

The obvious answer is to employ a heating engineer.

Reply to
upagumtreenow

15mm pipe is only good for about 6kW of heater capacity - so if the rads you are hanging off it add up to more than 6kW, use 22mm instead.
Reply to
Roger Mills

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" writes

No such thing

Fitters / installers, call them what you will, are not allowed to engineer anything

Stop giving grandiose titles to spanner wielders

(sits back, pours beer, opens popcorn ...)

Reply to
geoff

Don't encourage him/her .....try replying to the e-mail addresses he/she uses and see who replies ...put a word in the e-mail of your choice and see who posts the word here .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

If you have 22mm already, then I personally would continue this up the the second to last radiator, then drop to 15mm there

Use 22 -> 15mm Tees like this to branch off in 15mm to each rad (Plastic)

the second to last radiator branch, use these (Plastic)
you want to keep the 10 and 8mm to the actual radiators, then here are some 15mm -> 10mm adaptors

15mm -> 10mm Copper
-> 10mm Plastic
-> 8mm Copper
Toby

One does not make private replies to newsgroup postings unless invited to do so (unless there is some particular reason to do so)

Reply to
geoff

Thx Toby .....I've decided to continue the 22mm as suggested and have ordered some stuff from BES in copper end feed ,22x22x15 tees and I already had some 15-10mm reducers .you can get 22 x 22 x 10 but the price is sky high ..The last rad is done in 8mm and changing that is too awkward at the moment lifting boards in the bathroom etc etc so I'll reduce the end of the 22 mm pipes to 15 then 8 and that should do. Thx for the help guys ( except for one that is.)

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Most normal people would know that 22m is the return and flow and 15mm feeds the rads

Must be a scottish thing using 10mm (there a bit stingy don't ya know)

lol there you go again trying to tell people what to do.

--

Reply to
upagumtreenow

You are welcome

--

Reply to
upagumtreenow

Well i am inviting you to reply using the e-mail address in his/her headers .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

2 - its not your place to invite me to email someone else offlist

... get a clue

Reply to
geoff

You just don't get it do you ..It's MY E-MAIL you would be posting to not someone elses .That's the whole point . Just go back to making sure no-one is fiddling with your valves ..lol

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Good call bringing the post down to the level of you

A sad fat sack of shit living alone in the cold flat in glasgow dreaming of Molley sex.

--

Reply to
upagumtreenow

No - you said

"Don't encourage him/her .....try replying to the e-mail addresses he/she uses and see who replies ...put a word in the e-mail of your choice and see who posts the word here . "

I really cant be arsed you tedious little shit

Reply to
geoff

Charming ........Enjoy your time in solitary .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I think you will find its you that spent the last few days fixing up a shit hole dump of a flat in Glasgow.

It's no wonder why you are alone in this world.

--

Reply to
upagumtreenow