restoration home

Anyone watching "restoration home", presented by Caroline Quentin ? The program is interesting, but wow the commentary is annoying. Caroline sounds like she doesn't understand anything she is saying, and the script sounds likes its written by a sixth former. You get much better verbal skills from old Kev of Grand Designs ;-) Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

sounds like she doesn't understand anything she is saying, and the script sounds likes its written by a sixth former.

It's another of those irritating programmes where the presenters look to one side at an imaginary person while speaking, rather than look directly at the camera. Annoys the hell out of me.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

sounds like she doesn't understand anything she is saying, and the script sounds likes its written by a sixth former.

I think Jamie Oliver started that. He was genuinely talking to the producer because he hated talking to a camera, and it caught on. I particularly like it when it is interspersed with black and white close-ups of the lips and sometimes you even get nostrils or ears ;-) Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

because he hated talking to a camera, and it caught on.

I think it's how the producers are taught. I know one who does it. I'll have to ask why.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

cer because he hated talking to a camera, and it caught on.

There's the opposite occurrence (which the producer does not want) where so= meone is being filmed incidentally and they for some reason manage to stare= directly into the camera, which creates a very unnerving effect, or in a b= ad case, chills you to the bone ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson