Restart delay switch?

My projector can't switch itself off entirely via the remote, it will only go into standby mode, the pj enforces a cooling off period before it will come back out of standby, this doesn't apply if I switch off at the mains. My worry was that I (or another family member) may inadvertently damage the projector by switching off the mains at the wrong time.

Reply to
drbob

So don't make the mains to the projector switchable via an easy to get at switch. Hide it out of the way so the eays way to turn it off is via the menus or it's remote.

You should be able to find a delayed off relay though. Why do I have a sneaky feeling that this is the opposite requirement to what was orginally asked?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

From elsewhere in theis thread, I've established that what is important is for the cooling fan to be allowed to run for a few munites after switch off. For a truly idiot proof switch I'd need a relay that refuses to cut power whilst under high load (lamp on) and then will only cut power after a 5 minute delay from the point the high load ends.

Reply to
drbob

Why not just put the poor thing into standby?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well I can do that already, but it wastes power, not much I know - but since I'm planning the installation of this ceiling socket I wanted to look into the feasibility of a foolproof switch for the power socket. The alternative, already stated elsewhere on the thread is to put the switch somewhere inaccessible so it only gets used by me when the pj isn't used for long periods.

Reply to
drbob