Resistors anyone?

Or whether it's actually an important parameter ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Phil Jessop writes

You think that they really waste time and effort doing something like that ?

costs more than the monetary value of the resistors

Reply to
geoff

Depends. It may be worthwhile to have an automated tester as part of the production line than sorts them into different bins based on value. After all, the production process requires more work than that step (making carbon rods/wirewinding, soldering on leads, casing in ceramic/epoxy, painting, colour coding, railing). You probably want some kind of tester anyway to reject those that are open circuit or way off tolerance.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Not an authority on this, but I expect they would only batch test a sample on a particular production line to show that they were physically Ok and within tolerance

Reply to
geoff

- and they have them in stock at crazy prices (£1 delivery).

Do you mean

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

ESR in Cullercoats..

Adam Aglionby

they're rare these days and you'll need a proper electronics supplier with the usual minimum order charge.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Farnell seem to have them (well, I only looked for 1K but...)

I went through the process of buying 10 of them, got to checkout and there was a basic shipping charge of £0.00. No handling charge.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes - I'd expect most of those sort of outfits to have them. Although some will only sell them in packs of 100.

They all seem to change their conditions daily. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Chris_W saying something like:

Bardwells have always been good, dunno about their min post cost for some resistors, but they'd probably just charge a stamp and jiffy if you call them up.

I've just noticed their min order is a fiver.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Unless there's something wrong with my browser they appear to have a limited range in 1/8th watt. Not including the wanted ones. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)