Resin for rot stabilisation

Page 2 of 2
Simon wrote:

Wrong. This has been the highest humidity summer for a LONG time.
All my woodwiork inside EXAPANDED and the wood floor actually buckled.
Its gone back now the cold weather has come, along with central heating.
In winter, RH values inside a house are at their lowest. In sticky summers, at their highest.

installed?
just
Oh Dear, Sorry to hear about your Wood-i-work NP ;-)
The piece we were referring to was an outside piece. You're talking about inside wood, Inside humidity is higher in summers and lower in winters because of central heating. Outside wood-i-work is quite the opposite.
On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:28:02 -0000, "Simon"

Both wrong, in fact I have ordered the wood hardener, thanks both for the input.
AJH

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:00:02 -0000, "stuart noble"
If you thin it down somewhat with acetone, and if you add the emulisifer (whose name I've forgotten, but you can buy it from a boat chandler). Normal resin won't soak into damp wood, the rot-cure stuff will.

It's still, at best, only a temporary fix. I fixed a softwood sill by cutting back to good wood and glueing and screwing in new. While painting the whole lot I found some more rot (small) at the other end. I used the Ronseal stuff on it and filled with the Ronseal two-part. The 'proper' repair lasted until I changed the entire window - the Ronseal one fell out after a year or so.
--
*On the other hand, you have different fingers.