resin anchor question

Resin anchors (1M8) have been specified (by the structural engineer) for a slapping I'm doing. There's a steel standard (PFC) to go up one edge of the slap which has to be fixed to the end of the wall. It's a single brick wall so I guess that's why resin is used, expansion fittings might be a bad idea.

It would be good to have the PFC in place then drill and place the fastenings. Is this possible, what's the relationship between the diameter of the resin capsule/hole in the masonry and the diameter of the stud/hole in the PFC? It looks like M8 resin capsule are 10mm diameter.

Are there different types of resin? I've seen capsules advertised as for concrete and natural stone. What about brick, do I need a differnt resin? I'll be using solid or frogged brick rather than ones with internal holes.

Extra credit question. Some fixings are 1Mx (e.g 1M8 resin anchor) and some are 2Mx (e.g. 2M12 and 2M16 rawlbolts). What's the significance of the numerical prefix?

Reply to
urchaidh

polyester and epoxy, in slow setting and fast set versions. Epoxy is specified for structural work.

differnt

no

NT

Reply to