reshaping layout domestic waste chamber

Hi,

I need to remove the white flexi pipe shown in the image to create a longer term solution in getting the bathroom waste into the mains sewer pipe.

Building control have told me to amend the drainage slip to turn the waste flow more in line with the main channel and to raise the benching opposite.

Raising the benching is something i'm comfortable with... but does anyone have any suggestions on how to amend the draining slip? I really want to avoid having a new chamber fitted or worse, relocated.

For info, the channel to the right is redundant but I do not want to completely lose it as it maybe used for an additional service downstairs. Thanks

Chris [IMG]

Chris

We shared a man hole like that with our neighbour at our last house. Our wa st pipe was in line with the main line theirs came in at an angle. The half

-pipe at the bottom was like a swept -Y so both wastes met smoothly and the waste matter was directed easily out. I think what the BCO is concerned ab out is if you remove the flexi-pipe the sh*t will simply hit the opposite b enching and usiing the prevariable simply "stick" to it possibly building u p and causing a blockage. He probably wants you to install the type of Y- p ipe I described at the start which in your case probably means lowering the pipe entry to get it all aligned, I do not know how much space you have go t to work in but a new chamber might be the only answer. Sorry!

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

In article , Chris writes

"Can't show image: no proper referrer"

In short, there isn't enough information in your link to direct us to the image.

Can I suggest imagebam:

fred

You want something like this:

Andrew Gabriel

It worked fine here.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Goddit now (different browser), I agree with Andrew.

Reply to
fred

Corrupt PNG file? Firefox refuses to display it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Odd, within firefox's "image info" it shows it as 48 bytes, 0x0 px resized to 1366x620 px ... and then displays it properly anyway!

Reply to
Andy Burns

works for me

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Sounds like a firefox issue - as it's just am image, there's no html wrapper to specify any resizing. It's 606px x 360px. Works fine in my firefox.

In case it wasn't obvious, it's just a photoshoped (or rather, gimped) version of the OP's photo.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

FF here complained the first time, but tried it again and it's showing fine now

Reply to
Chris French

Yes, a reload fixed it here too.

Reply to