resawn floorboards (from old joists)

Kingspan with the silver side up, to the warm side.

Yes spillages would be very occassional so they would dry up (unless there was a sink nearby)

But I do think that kingspan wouldnt seal all the gaps at the joists and air currents/ draughts would find ways from the room downwards and as they pass the joists would condense water and this would happen day after day and rot the wood.

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

You seal the Kingspan/Celotex in with squirty foam. Ideally the low- expansion waterproof stuff that's used for doors and windows.

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Sorry - meant the joists. Timber gets very much more expensive in long lengths.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

16 ft..i think my 12 " square green oaks 6m long were a couple of hundred each.

VERY rough sawn.

Probably double that for seasoned wood, but you wouldn't get 12" sq seasoned..it would split.

Work on 40-50 per cu ft rough cut and seasioned.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

geraldthehamster coughed up some electrons that declared:

I found Siroflex foam adhesive (branded as drywall glue) quite good. Still PU foam, but only 2x expansion and very sticky! Still have the T-shirts to prove it!

Reply to
Tim S