Replacing wooden floor with concrete

My dining room was extended in the 1970's so part of the floor is the original wooden floor boards and joists and part concrete, I would like to lay tiles over the area but the wooden section has bounce, I am thinking of removing the wood and concreting the old section. Any advice would be greatfully received, also I know I can board over the floor but height is an issue and I dont want any steps in the floor levels.

Reply to
chancer

How deep is the void under the floor?

Reply to
Tournifreak

Generally no problem with doing this provided that the ventilation to the rest of the house is not adversely affected. It could well be that the extension has already obscrured an airbrick or two. One of the quickest way to get floor problems is to not to have enough ventilation. Don't forget to take the opportunity to insulate under the new concrete. Polystyrene sheet is likely to be cheaper than concrete. UFH might be worth considering whilst you are at it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin