Replacing two part Syphon?

The syphon on my loo is on it's way out - sometimes it works perfectly and other times there's little resistance when you flush and it doesn't shift much water.

I've fished the lid off the tank and can see that it's a two part design with the vertical pipe separate to the pump, but when I've googled trying to find an exact match I can't find an exact match and there's no manufacturer's label that I can see

I assume that the vertical pipe will be a standard diameter and thread at the top (1.5"?) so it should work fine with a different brand pump?

Also I see they come in different heights - is this measured from the base of the tank to the highest point that the water travels over or the length of the vertical pipe which is a bit shorter?

I'm trying to avoid having to fish the whole tank off the wall to replace the whole lot, but the only place that was open today was a B&Q Megastore that only had single piece syphons.

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Most common one is the Dudley.

> I assume that the vertical pipe will be a standard diameter and

Unlilely.

If you can detatch the siphon part - which is the point of the Dudley, then you can just replace the diaphram - B&Q and Wickes sell them - just a pre cut piece of flexible plastic.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman