Replacing socket and light switch faceplates

You mean the screw terminals? I find it hard to believe that any sockets by MK (arguably the top brand) wouldn't accept three standard

2.5mm^2 wires as the configuration you've described is very common. Maybe you had thicker cable than usual for a ring main?

David

Reply to
Lobster

60s wiring is probably 7/ .029, and three lots of that could be a problem to fit in a modern socket.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Then you make it into three lots of 5/.029 ;-)

Reply to
PCPaul

That is rather important! I have just added a ring main round the garage, and have used all the same socket face places, only they are not all the same - some have live and neutral reversed - so check on EVERY socket.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

From about 1960 they'd be 7/029, which was stranded and slightly larger than

2.5mm^2. I'd still have thought that MK sockets would accept 3 of them.
Reply to
<me9

My parents still have many of their original 1955 MK 13A sockets, and they easily take 4 wires per terminal.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel