replacing lever flush with pushbutton ??

Hi Anybody know whether I can replace the normal syphon unit with one of these, putting the push button through the lever hole, picture is not really detailled enough to see thread length etc

NikV

No, you can't.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Is that a reflection on the OP? ;)

I replaced a normal syphon with one of those, but the button looks a bit ugly mounted on the outside face of the cistern and I'm not brave (or stupid ;) ) enough to try to enlarge the hole :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

dump valve started leaking and needed replacing recently. An American I know says they never last much more than that (they don't use syphons over there

-- he was interested in importing one).

Reply to
<me9

The message from "NikV" contains these words:

Yes. I have. I had to open out the hole in the plastic cistern because I didn't want it to stick out using their "fits any size" contraption.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from contains these words:

Mine's been in nearly five years and doesn't leak - yet!

Reply to
Guy King

Hi Thanks for those that replied (well most :-)) anyway - got a similar kit from homebase took about half an hour to fit (never dismantled a close coupled wc before) now the kids can flush the loo

Reply to
NikV