Replacing internal doors

What a stupid thing to say.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

No suggestions yet.

So, has anyone got any views on a Bosch PHO1 planer:

a Black & Decker KW850ETA router:
?

The message from F contains these words:

?>
don't know about this one, but I suspect all recent routers have the same design problem. Some burk somewhere has probably decreed that routers mustn't have lock-in power switches. Which means when you put 'em upside down in a router table you have to do stupid things like wrap rubber bands round the trigger or make up a little Velcro strap to keep 'em switched on.

Reply to
Guy King

Looks OK, they're all much of a muchness.

?

Same again. I got a cheap router for odd jobs from Aldi, with various TCT bits. Works. You'll still need a chisel as well.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Any justification for this? Or are you just a f****it?

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

What a stupid thing to say.

Reply to
Guy King

Both fine for your needs.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

I wish I'd said that. ;-)

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

The message from Nigel Molesworth contains these words:

You will, Nigel, you will.

Reply to
Guy King

LOL ;-O

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

The justification being that you are the f****it for saying it in the first place.

"if you haven't needed one by now, you won't need it again"

Just how do you work that out?

Until I bought my first house I never needed a power drill. Your saying I would never need one again after the job I required it for. Until I did my first plumbing job, I never needed a pipe cutter. I've certainly needed it quite often since, etc., etc.

Like I said, it was a stupid thing to say. Let the potential purchaser decide for themselves about future need.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I haven't, but I will.

Suggestions on what to buy still welcome but I'm going to need to buy soon...

No, no, no, listen to Nigel, he obviously knows what he's talking about. You will not need it again, ever, understand?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

Are you now, or have you ever been, a tool using ape?

Reply to
Guy King

Or JCB (planer, not digger!)?

No.

It's Nigel checking that you don't buy anything of quality on the off chance you may need it again in the future.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Well he can't until hew know's about relative quality and hence longevity. And price does not necessarily equate with quality.

I'll have a stab:

Quality from "best" to "less good" :

Bosch Ryobi Erbauer Skil Axminster Freud Black & Decker Ferm, Titan, JCB/Challenge

How's that ?

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy
[about power tools eg planers]

Draper? Nutool? DeWalt?

Reply to
John Cartmell

DeWalt Bosch Ryobi Erbauer Skil Axminster Freud Draper Black & Decker Ferm, Titan Nutool JCB/Challenge

ok ? ;)

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy