Replacing hologens

Any reason why I should not try this. I have a set of 5 halogens in ceiling that I want to replace with maybe

3 x LED panels. As I am not sure how other half will like the light intensity etc I want to rig it up temporarily before I start to cut in to the ceiling. So I am planning:

The halogens have individual drivers, if I disconnect from the feed and connect an LED with driver in its place this will give me a mix of halogen and LED (initially) Power coming from the same light switch.

Would this create any issues?

Reply to
ss

no :) Just get a suitable colour temperature, some LEDs are nasty.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Only if the driver for the halogen is doing multiple lamps and has a minimum load which you drop below by taking lamps off.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for replies. I believe the halogens have individual drivers, but wont know for sure until I access them. The previous ones in the shower room had individual ones so at the moment I assume they will be the same.

Reply to
ss

This place offers 3 colour temperatures. My preference is for the 4100K - not too blue or red.

PeterC