Replacing Euro Lock Cylinders in uPVC French Doors

I want to replace the lock cylinders on a set of uPVC French Doors. The doors look the same except the slave door has an extra section added to it which forms the join between the 2 doors. (I'm assume I'm using the master/slave terms correctly - the master door opens first).

Replacing the cylinder on the master door looks easy as I can see what looks like the retaining screw, but what about the slave door? There's a multitude of screws on the edge of the extra section fitted to the slave door. None looks like its a retaining screw, so I'm assuming I have to remove some of these to remove the central section from the slave door. I assume this will give access to a door edge which will look like the edge of the master door and will have an obvious retaining screw for the cylinder.

Can anyone who has done this confirm that this is the method? Any pitfalls in removing the central section which is attached to the slave door?

Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.

Reply to
Paul

There is a retaing screw in the door edge, just (10mm ish) below the key hole. As you have guessed, some door edges then have finishs added on top, which cover the screw.

What I would do is take it apart, being carefull not to force anything, and remember how to put it back together, you may well find the screw this way.

Rick

Reply to
Rick