Replacing CU - earth question.

More on my replacement of 2 old fuse boxes with new CU. All now planned and kit bought except for earthing.

Situation now: There is an accessible earth block in the enclosure where the main incoming fuse is. From this earth block there is:

1 earth to a standalone shower CB 2 earths to one of the fuse boxes 1 earth to the other fuse box 1 earth connected to the gas pipe adjacent to meter.

These existing cables (of various sizes!! ) coming out of the block are secure - but one of the grub type screws has a damaged head - so I want to have minimum cables coming out of it)

There will be: New CU - 1 circuit directly to existing shower CB all other circuits from CU to a junction box and then out to the house. CU mounted on mdf - not varnished!!

Junction box has connectors (one per conductor) mounted on DIN rail. The connectors used for earth conductors are "earthed" to DIN rail.

I was going to mount a new earthing block adjacent to CU on the board with block connected directly to the earthing point on incoming mains enclosure (single cable??).

From this block have:

1 earth to existing shower CB (as is) 1 earth to earthing busbar in CU 1 earth to DIN rail in junction box. 1 earth to gas pipe (as is)

Is this OK - or is there a better way to do things? What size earth cable should I use? (I've looked at the various old threads on this subject and I'm still not sure). (I don't know what size the holes in earthblock at incoming mains enclosure are)

Reply to
Peter Ramm