Replacing combi

I am considering replacing my Worcester 230 combi gas boiler with a Worcester Greenstar 37 CDI combi gas boiler. We have 4 bedrooms and 10 radiators, would this be efficient enough for this amount of radiators and how good is this boiler.

Reply to
HL

See Boiler Choice FAQ. You won't get any answers just better questions.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Buy a Broag Avantaplus 39C and use the weather compensation option. You will not be disappointed.

Doctor Drivel

Hi there

Is there any reason why you wish to stick with the Worcester brand? We do sell Worcester boilers, but we have found them to be more expensive for our customers when a different brand will deliver the same benefits for a real difference in price. Making the assumption that for a four-bedroom house you have more than 1 bathroom (an en- suite or cloakroom is considered as a second bathroom), then you definitely do need one of the more powerful boilers.

Naturally, we recommend that you go for a SEDBUK A-rated boiler to maximise efficiency and reduce your fuel spend. Remember that fuel costs have risen a great deal in the last six months, so a new boiler will pay for itself far more quickly than you think.

Take a look at the

is a similar boiler to the Worcester and it already comes with a free standard horizonalt coaxial kit. It has a built-in 24 hour mechanical time clock (no computer parts to go wrong!) and Ariston is a trusted brand. We tend to recommend this boiler because we know that you'll be pleased with its performance and reliability. You can get this boiler for under =A3700 including VAT, whereas a quick search of the internet has shown that if you go for the Worcester, you'll pay well over a grand for the pleasure.

Worth thinking about, I think...

Reply to
Trade Plumbing

Usually it's hot water performance that's the limiting factor for boiler choice not the CH.

Reply to
Mark

That's horse shit. Since when have mechanical parts been more reliable than electronics? I spent years repairing radio/comms equipment and I would say that 80% or more of faults were due to mechanical failure rather than failure of electronic components or software. I would say that buying something with a mechanical timer would be a large step backwards. Mechanical components incurr friction, wear and will fail. Electronics dont.

That's besides the spam aspect of your post ....

Reply to
Jon

Is there any reason why you wish to stick with the Worcester brand? We do sell Worcester boilers, but we have found them to be more expensive for our customers when a different brand will deliver the same benefits for a real difference in price. Making the assumption that for a four-bedroom house you have more than 1 bathroom (an en- suite or cloakroom is considered as a second bathroom), then you definitely do need one of the more powerful boilers.

Naturally, we recommend that you go for a SEDBUK A-rated boiler to maximise efficiency and reduce your fuel spend. Remember that fuel costs have risen a great deal in the last six months, so a new boiler will pay for itself far more quickly than you think.

Take a look at the

is a similar boiler to the Worcester and it already comes with a free standard horizonalt coaxial kit. It has a built-in 24 hour mechanical time clock (no computer parts to go wrong!) and Ariston is a trusted brand. We tend to recommend this boiler because we know that you'll be pleased with its performance and reliability. You can get this boiler for under £700 including VAT, whereas a quick search of the internet has shown that if you go for the Worcester, you'll pay well over a grand for the pleasure.

Worth thinking about, I think...

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's horse shit. Since when have mechanical parts been more reliable than electronics? I spent years repairing radio/comms equipment and I would say that 80% or more of faults were due to mechanical failure rather than failure of electronic components or software. I would say that buying something with a mechanical timer would be a large step backwards. Mechanical components incurr friction, wear and will fail. Electronics dont.

That's besides the spam aspect of your post ....

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Good greif. Another technophobe. Electronic programmers have been around for over 30 years and should have the benefit of not stopping with a power cut and never going noisy. As well as being smaller, neater and easier to use.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

He didn't say mechanical was more reliable than electronics - just that there were no computer parts to go wrong. At least in the timer.

Reply to
Phil

There are also no mechanical parts to go wrong in an electronic timer ;o)

The sentance was insinuating a mechanical timer would be more reliable as there would be no electronic components in it "to go wrong". Hence if there are no components in it to go wrong, then it must be reliable,

Reply to
Jon

Please eff off as you are an idiotic Jocko plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

There are also no mechanical parts to go wrong in an electronic timer ;o)

The sentance was insinuating a mechanical timer would be more reliable as there would be no electronic components in it "to go wrong". Hence if there are no components in it to go wrong, then it must be reliable,

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I was rather intrigued by this:

"The Ariston Clas HE also features an LCD display which, as well as displaying information on the boilers operation, will also display an error code in the event of a shut down to help easily determine the cause."

I had never before considered a clockwork LCD display... But it must be because there are "no computer parts to go wrong!".

Reply to
Rod

I have a clockwork timer with a microprocessor in it. It runs the overrides, etc.

Reply to
dennis

Easier for the likes of us. For lots of people like my mum, the 'old fashioned' programmer with on-off tags round a wheel is much easier to understand, likewise mechanical thermostats with a dial.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

You can get electronic thermostats with a dial.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel