replacing cast iron soil pipe

Has anybody got any tips for taking down a cast iron stack. We need to replace ours with plastic. plan number one was to whack it with a lump hammer and hope it breaks into small enough pieces to carry down a ladder. plan number two is to cut it into manageable pieces with an angle grinder. my main concern is how easy it will break up hitting it with a hammer.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Did this recently - angle grinder is the only "controlled" way - and even a

3' length is very heavy!
Reply to
Alan

Reply to
Tony

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:36:09 +0100, "Paul" strung together this:

What's wrong with taking it down in one piece, it got up there in one piece!

Reply to
Lurch

And a nice strong mattock is the tool for riping the pipe plus brackets off the wall without too much damage!

Reply to
John Rumm