Replacing carpet with tiles/flooring

Hello.

I want to replace the carpet in one room of my house with something that can be swept more easily, along the lines of kitchen flooring. The current carpet is on wooden floorboards, with a layer of foam underlay beneath it and tacks around the edge.

What are my options here - e.g. what are the pros and cons of tiles as opposed to a single sheet of vinyl or linoleum flooring? Is this something I can easily do myself, considering that my DIY knowledge is minimal? What glue and/or tools might be required?

Thanks for any advice.

P.

Reply to
Paul E Collins

The only tool required is a mop. Use washing powder and a very little bleach, and water, and mop and mop and mop and mop. 2 hours cleaning, then once dried out varnish. Job done.

OK, there tend to be a few gribbles to fix as well, but the point is youve already got a nice floor thats easy to clean, and theyre pretty easy to restore.

NT

Reply to
bigcat