Replacing built in oven and hob and amtcing worktop

I need to replace the built in oven as the grill is not longer working correctly. The oven is standard 600mm wide, the hob is 580mm x 500mm but at the back of the hob is a vent for the oven also the hob has a hinged lid. How can I blank off the gap for the oven vent as I understand modern ovens vent at the front. I was in John Lewis and they said that you can only replace the work top. I was hoping that there would be some sort of standard template to put on top of the work top then cut a new opening. I guess that I can fit an aluminium or stainless steel strip behind the new hob to fill the opening.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

The words "amtcing worktop" in the subject of your post are bit mysterious but I think if you could post a photo of what you are trying to deal with it would help people to come up with some suggestions.

Reply to
Murmansk

The words "amtcing worktop" in the subject of your post are bit mysterious but I think if you could post a photo of what you are trying to deal with it would help people to come up with some suggestions. What I mean is the cut out in the work top will be bigger than a the new set up. Currently it is hob and vent for the oven plus cut out for the hinges of the lid. Title should read matching.

Reply to
Kevin