Replacing a washing machine door seal

How big or involved a job is it to replace the door seal on a front loading washing machine (assuming I can source one in the first place).

Looks like ours has got damaged by a zip or something similar on its way in our out of the machine (sods law that it happened at the bottom where the water is in the drum when the machine is on!)

The result is that the machine weeps slightly out the bottom of the door when it is on.

Can I do this without taking the machine apart?

Reply to
Buxnot

If it's a silicone ring, then you may be able to repair. Cut back to sound rubber. Grease where te seal fits. Add silicone sealant so that it's a bit above the level. Close door for 24 hours.

(they have a wider range if you ring them) may be able to supply one. The model number would help, there are several designs of machine out there.

Reply to
Ian Stirling