Replacing a fused CU ?

One can imagine the conversation:

"How effective has Part P been?"

"Oh, I wouldn't know, we only set policy, we don't monitor it!"

"So you can't say whether it has done any good?"

"Of course it's done good, we wouldn't have brought it in, otherwise!".

Reply to
Terry Fields

IIRC there was a question asked in the house recently on the apparent rise coincident with part P. A search of Hansard will probably turn up something.

There are figures available and well documented for the effects of shock and the implications of shock current and duration of exposure:

RCD protection offers very much more than a "feel good factor" - unless you include the ability to breathe and absence of ventricular fibrillation as "feel good" ;-)

Note also RCDs are used not only to lessen shock risks, but also as a earth fault protection mechanism. A TT install with a 6 ohms fault loop impedance could end up sinking 40A for an extended period of time into a protective conductor without tripping a typical 32A MCB on a power circuit. This would (in the absence of the RCD) result in at best cable damage, and possibly fire.

Reply to
John Rumm