Replacing a fitted gas hob

Which advice shows you are not a competent person.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Man at B&Q brought next idea :

Do please explain...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Yes, it may be mandatory now, I looked around a year ago, and there were still some for sale without it, but I dont often look at the cheapest available, so it coudl be that all are required to have it now. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I take issue with "most" and if you wanted to show competence you wold have explained the need to check the manufacturers installation instructions rather than simply implying a bayonet connection was suitable.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Not viable - i.e. it would cost much more than buying a new hob with this already fitted.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I was afraid that would be the case. Thank you.

Reply to
S Viemeister