Replacing a Dimplex heating timer ...

Just wondered if anyone knew about economy seven heating timers? I have one of these in my rented accomodation which the landlord has said he'll replace at my request. (The thing clicks every second and is really noisy. Right next to my bedroom too). However, he says Dimplex say they still use these and haven't gone into the digital age, which I find hard to believe.

elyob

of these in my rented accomodation which the landlord has said he'll

these and haven't gone into the digital age, which I find hard to believe.

faulty and a replacement will be better. It won't be totally silent though.

Reply to
Matt Beard

If you can play nokia sound clips, here's the noise from my one. I recorded it on my phone a minute ago.

Seems amazing they haven't got a digital one to replace it with. There's electricity available!

Reply to
elyob

I can - it sounds awful!

I tried recording mine, and it came out similar. The difference seems to be that I can only hear mine if I stand close to it and listen hard.

There are many other makes of time-switch, it doesn't have to be a Dimplex one. Maybe you can get your landlord to fit a different one.

Reply to
Matt Beard

your second links not working elyob

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

It's in a cupboard which is just outside my bedroom door. The noise is echoed by the cupboard and it'll definitely keep me awake!

I have no idea about these things, I'd prefer going back to him with the details of one that'd work. Any suggestions on brands I can look at?

Thanks

p.s. if you've got access to Eurosport .. switch on now!

Reply to
elyob

Oh, try with a small s ...

elyob

Yes that works. You have my sympathies

Reply to
Bob Watkinson

Thanks Bob. I've not used the heating since I've moved in, but now it's about time to start thinking about getting it on. Fortunately got a oil radiator which is pretty damn effective for the time being.

Reply to
elyob