Replacement taps: funny fitting?

Just replaced my kitchen mixer tap with one of these:

- as near as I could find, it was a like-for-like replacement (original was faulty).

However, I noticed that the tails of the tap - normal 0.5" BSP - had an internal cone, as if they were meant to take an olive, rather than being flat as I'd expected (as indeed the original tap had).

I've fitted the tap, using the original soldered-on tap connectors, with copious amounts of PTFE tape, but I'm not convinced it's going to work properly: what's the story, what are these fittings on my tap and what pipe connector are they meant for?! I really hadn't intended to have to change all the pipework under the sink too; thought it was a quick swapping-in job...

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

Err, asking a daft question, did you fit new fibre washers on the tap connectors? That's all that should be needed.

Reply to
The Wanderer

My recent replacement was the same, but still had enough of a 'flat' to work with a fibre washer. Not that it mattered as the tails were too long so I had to cut them down rather than modify the pipework.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)