Replacement synchronous motor for Honeywell V4043 valve

Hi

A Honeywell V4043H1056 2-port motorised valve in our CH system has stuck. I suspect that the synchronous motor has failed.

A replacement Honeywell motor seems to cost around =A325. Screwfix do a Drayton motor for around =A313 (page 420 of Spring 2010 catalogue), which is supposed to fit many valves.

Please can anyone advise whether the Drayton motor is suitable for this Honeywell valve?

I did see a post on another forum ('diybanter') that stated:

"Change the motor (for Honeywell, they recommend you get a Honeywell motor as it they are more robust as their valves can remain open (i.e. powered) to CH if that was the last demand, even if demand has now ceased, therefore more wear on the motor)."

Is this really true? I would have thought that a microswitch would stop the motor when it has reached position.

Best regards

David

Reply to
DavidA

BES

a tenner delivered.

It worked for me

Reply to
Vortex5

A Honeywell V4043H1056 2-port motorised valve in our CH system has stuck. I suspect that the synchronous motor has failed.

A replacement Honeywell motor seems to cost around £25. Screwfix do a Drayton motor for around £13 (page 420 of Spring 2010 catalogue), which is supposed to fit many valves.

Please can anyone advise whether the Drayton motor is suitable for this Honeywell valve?

I did see a post on another forum ('diybanter') that stated:

"Change the motor (for Honeywell, they recommend you get a Honeywell motor as it they are more robust as their valves can remain open (i.e. powered) to CH if that was the last demand, even if demand has now ceased, therefore more wear on the motor)."

Is this really true? I would have thought that a microswitch would stop the motor when it has reached position.

Best regards

David

Ah, scarcely a week goes past without motorised valve woes. On past form I would make sure it really is the motor that has blown, before splashing out. The microswitches are usually the first to go, though it's usually the

3-port valve we hear about. S
Reply to
Spamlet

No, two port valves are spring loaded to close. When power is applied to the motor the valve opens; when it reaches the limit stop the motor stalls. The microswitch in the MV is to switch the boiler on and off

Reply to
Tony Bryer

A Honeywell V4043H1056 2-port motorised valve in our CH system has stuck. I suspect that the synchronous motor has failed.

A replacement Honeywell motor seems to cost around £25. Screwfix do a Drayton motor for around £13 (page 420 of Spring 2010 catalogue), which is supposed to fit many valves.

Please can anyone advise whether the Drayton motor is suitable for this Honeywell valve?

I did see a post on another forum ('diybanter') that stated:

"Change the motor (for Honeywell, they recommend you get a Honeywell motor as it they are more robust as their valves can remain open (i.e. powered) to CH if that was the last demand, even if demand has now ceased, therefore more wear on the motor)."

Is this really true? I would have thought that a microswitch would stop the motor when it has reached position.

No when they reach the fully open position the motor stalls and remains energised, they are designed to operate in this way. The microswich calls for heat from the boiler etc.It is nor a limit switch as such.

As mentioned order the generic replacement motors from BES

Reply to
Graham.

No I didn't! S

Reply to
Spamlet

It's probably the same motor - there are very few sources. If Sf says it fits your valve, it will be ok.

The standard 2-port valve has a spring return rather than being motored both ways. In the open position the motor is still powered and runs stalled. When the power is removed, the spring closes it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I have just been looking at this post. It seems that the same motor is used in both 3 port and 2 port valves. That is something that I had never considered before.

Of course the problem with the 3 port valve is explained here

a 3 port valve the motor could be held in a stalled position for months.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks very much for all your replies. I ended up taking the head off the valve and turned the valve by hand with pliers. It was very stiff but soon loosened up. It turned out that the motor was working after all. So I just hope the valve doesn't seize up again.

David

Reply to
DavidA

In message , Spamlet writes

No its not

the V4043H is a two port valve, the microswitch is only there to provide feedback that the valve is open

synchron motor failure is a more common failure than microswitches (except in drayton valves for some reason)

Reply to
geoff

In message , DavidA writes

DiyBanter bollox as usual

just buy the cheapest - they all die sooner or later

Reply to
geoff

In message , DavidA writes

Then you have water getting past the bottom rubber "O" ring on the shaft

Reply to
geoff