Replacement oil-fired CH boiler supplier

Hello Folks,

I think my beautiful 1973 central heating boiler is - sniff - approaching the end. Googling for suppliers of such things brings up a squillion companies keen to take my money - can anyone recommend one from experience?

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

It would help a lot if we knew where in the world you are

Reply to
John

Do you mean boiler manufacturers or installers ?

I'm happy with my Grant boiler. It hasn't been perfect but they have responded quickly to problems.

For installers it rather depends where you live but get one who is OFTEC registered and does the commissioning paperwork himself rather than calling somebody else out to do it another day.

Reply to
Mike

In article , Ian Johnston writes

Worcester-Bosch are OK, I prefer Boulter myself

Reply to
.

Mr ".", Bertie which are both the same company.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Would it? I'm not expecting to get a boiler made in the village and I believe there are "carriers" who move them around. But if it helps, the answer is "the wilds of south west Scotland"

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Neither. I mean "supplier". Someone who'll supply me with one. If that's also a manufacturer, fine, but not essential.

Ta. I'll have a look.

This being uk.d-i-y I was thinking of taking a slightly different approach to installation ...

Thanks for the tip,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

In article , Doctor Evil writes

That,s funny, they look different, are you saying that its just a re- badge?

Reply to
.

It helps a lot as now I won't advise you to contact Danbys in Hull for example. However you can speak to Plumb Centre who are a National chain or one of the web based heating suppliers. I would suggest taking a look at Firebird boilers website and perhaps asking them for a local suppliers details. Also think about Trianco boilers. Lets face it though most of the boilers on the market are simply boxes of water with the sophistication being in the burner and baffling systems. Firebird use RDB/Riello burners which are excellent and reliable. the combustion chamber and baffles are accessed from the front of the boiler which makes installation under a fixed worktop possible and by virtue of a simple fitting kit can be converted from conventional to balanced flue with rear or side projection. Trianco are equally as flexible but there is also the option of a vertical balanced flue kit. I've worked on a few Grants which someone else mentioned but theres nothing IMHO to seperate them from the other makes I've just mentioned

Reply to
John

: Lets face it though most of the boilers on the market are simply boxes of : water with the sophistication being in the burner and baffling systems.

Thanks for the tips. If possible I'll be looking for something which can use the existing vertical flue, so the info about that is particularly welcome.

Cheers,

Ian

Reply to
Ian Johnston

Maybe like Ferrari and Fiat are the same company:)

Reply to
basil