Replacement lights/pull switch ..Re Earth.

Two replacement ceiling lights I just bought are double insulated so no earth connection is required .The pull switch has just two connections L2 and C. The lighting circuit is done on a junction box setup... Is it OK just to snip the earth on the supply cable before the first connection is made .??

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Depends which one you do first. If you mean at the jbox, its not regs complaint, and is poor practice.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 00:43:56 +0000 someone who may be Stuart wrote this:-

So, if you were to later replace them with some Class 1 lights you would then be trying to get back the connection you snipped off. Not a good idea.

Just terminate the earth connection in a terminal block at the fittings. There should be one in the box which the new fitting will presumably be fitted to.

Reply to
David Hansen

Yeah .What you say about needing the earth at a later date occurred to me after I posted ....I'll connect the earth at either the JB or a Choc Box and terminate it there .

thx all

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart