Replacement Garage

I have a delapidated timber garage with an asbestos cement roof and is well beyond it's useful life.I would like to build anew one from conc blocks. I know that as a private householder I can get rid of the roof at a local tip, but does anyone know if there are planning/ building control issues. Ideally I would just lay a new slab with some mesh in it and build straight up from there. What do you think?

Reply to
Green Leaf

Many of us, I imagine, some of whom shared their knowledge only a couple of days ago in reply to a very similar question. Perhaps it would be more efficient for you to google "building regulations" and "planning permission", with a few more relevant words such as your local authority name, than for someone to write it all out again.

If you've discovered it's exempt from building regs, why not? The worse that can happen is that it will fall down, but if you've read one or two books and perhaps even looked at the Building Regs Part A (online) it probably won't.

Check the exact position about accepting asbestos cement with your local tip. One near me will only accept 2m^2 per visit.

Reply to
Autolycus