Replacement Flat Roof

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

Reply to
ronnie

Wait for a sunny day and give it a few hours of hot sunshine before you start trying to move it. I have a scraper on the end of a brush handle so I can stand and scrape and it works well .. Start in a corner or edge of a sheet and try to take it off in about 2' strips ... :)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

As I'm looking at the same thing myself could you tell me what products you're looking at using as if it's possible to DIY it I'd like to have a shot myself.

Thanks

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Attack it with a garden spade. The base layer is usually nailed to the deck, its the waterproof upper layer that is hot torched on. Get the spade under the base layer at any point and the rest is just a matter of prying and tearing.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Got all the stuff and info at this site