replacement electric fire element (old Belling)

Hi,

My Mum has an old (circa 40 years) electric log effect fire. It's a

3Kw Belling Celtic. There are 3 elements and one has stopped working. I wonder if anyone has any pointers to suppliers of elements of this vintage ? Otherwise the fire is fine, it's very well made and my mother is very fond of it, hence the desire to fix it.

I did some google searches but all the suppliers I tried appeared not to cover fires, just cookers

many thanks

Reply to
Jonathan Ives

When I needed a very old element, I went to an electrical supplier with the dead one, he went through the catalogues and found a suitable replacement, which he ordered for me.

or you could just do a google search for elementman:

appears to list all types.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

  1. Old run down electrical shops should have some in stock from when they used to be a regular selling line.
  2. Buy an electric bar fire with the same length and power element

  1. repairing open wire wound elements is quite possible too.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Someone was asking recently about spare electric fire elements

Partmaster seem to have a fair few of them

(Haven't tried them myself, I was after washing machine bearings)

Reply to
Andy Dingley