replacement electric fire element (old Belling)

Hi,
My Mum has an old (circa 40 years) electric log effect fire. It's a 3Kw Belling Celtic. There are 3 elements and one has stopped working. I wonder if anyone has any pointers to suppliers of elements of this vintage ? Otherwise the fire is fine, it's very well made and my mother is very fond of it, hence the desire to fix it.
I did some google searches but all the suppliers I tried appeared not to cover fires, just cookers
many thanks

When I needed a very old element, I went to an electrical supplier with the dead one, he went through the catalogues and found a suitable replacement, which he ordered for me.
or you could just do a google search for elementman: http://www.elementman.co.uk/Firebars/index.htm
He appears to list all types.
MrCheerful
snipped-for-privacy@uk.oracle.com (Jonathan Ives) wrote in message

1. Old run down electrical shops should have some in stock from when they used to be a regular selling line.
2. Buy an electric bar fire with the same length and power element
3. repairing open wire wound elements is quite possible too.
Regards, NT
Someone was asking recently about spare electric fire elements
Partmaster seem to have a fair few of them http://www.partmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/catalogue.pl?sectiong896
(Haven't tried them myself, I was after washing machine bearings)