Replacement cordless drill

My trusty Bosch PSB 24 VE-2 has finally given up the ghost, after 11 years of, at times, very heavy DIY work. A good investment IMHO. Seen me through three house renovations.

Thing is now, what to replace it with. A wide range to choose from. It's not for trade use, just the usual DIY tasks. I have corded and SDS drills for heavy drilling in concrete, cordless would be used on brick at most. Any recommendations gentlemen? Happy to dig into wallet for another drill that will give the same service as my old PSB!

Thanks

Reply to
johno

I've been extremely pleased with my Metabo BS12PRO (2x4Ah Li-Ion, case, removable chuck, angled drive gizzmo). It's only 10.8V but has tackled everything I've thrown at it thus far. I looked at the 18V drills but they all seem very heavy.

Reply to
no_spam

My two fairly old Metabos have given me excellent service and are still going strong. I was tempted by the new 10.8v Metabos but they are quite pricey. So for a couple of easier to carry around cordless drills I've got these:-

So far I've been quite impressed, especially given the price.

I'm still not at all convinced that impact drivers are for me though.

Reply to
cl

The more expensive of the Aldi drills with the lithium batteries when they have them are a lot better than you may think,I have had a couple for a few years or so which have done more work than the average diy and they have not skipped a beat. They are a third of the cost of the name drills.

Reply to
F Murtz

Personally I'm a Makita fan, don't think you can beat them. I've had a

14.4v for 6 years, used daily - not a hiccup.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , johno writes

I've got a Bosch 10.8V drill/driver (got it with the impact driver as well), which I've been very impressed with. The is combi as well, but I've not tried that. Small, light and handy to use.

Though I got mine in a set with the impact driver and the torch.

I've got a older 14.4v Bosch, but that only now really gets an outing when drilling larger holes, or when I want to use one for drilling and one for driving and don't want to use the impact driver. But the 10.8v is my first choice.

Reply to
Chris French

Thanks for the response, given me some good ideas as to what to look at. Thanks again gentlemen

Reply to
johno