replacement batteries

Some time back there was a post advising a good source for rechargeable cells for battery powered hand tools.

My 9.6 volt Bosch (old style) battery has died. Healeys are out of stock and at £47 each I would have been reluctant to buy anyway. They did mention a cheaper £23 or so alternative which has a higher amp/hour rating but still not in stock.

Questions. How easy is it to get inside the original Bosch battery casing? Are replacement cells available, if so, where? Will my existing charger suit the higher capacity unit?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Questions. How easy is it to get inside the original Bosch battery

Depends on the battery pack - some are easy - they have screws, some are a PITA since they are welded shut. If you send it to the above folks then it becomes SEP however.

Reply to
John Rumm

In message , John Rumm writes

an exchange operation.

Mine's in the PITA category but what is SEP? Simple ? Piss?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Rumm writes

Somebody Elses Problem

HTH

Shaun

Reply to
shaun

"An SEP is something that we can't see, or don't see, or our brain doesn't let us, because we think that it's somebody else's problem. That's what SEP means. Somebody Else's Problem. If you look at it directly you won't see it unless you know precisely what it is. Your only hope is to catch it by suprise out of the corner of your eye."

Very useful for hiding things found in life, the universe and everything ;-)

Reply to
Adrian C

I have always rebuilt my own battery packs If you can get them at a reasonable price Sanyo N-2600CR sub c are excellent, but cost about £3.90 each. Alternately a friend who plays with model race cars has tried these, and apparently are good value for the money at £1.75 each. YMMV

Mark

In message , Mark writes

Ni-mh though. I'll see if Healey's price is exchange or not and see if they plan to re-order.

I don't want to chew up the casing and then regret it.

I begin to believe that the cost of battery replacements is what drives the sale of new drills.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

As a bad source, but very, very cheap. Wander round your local DIY store, looking for battery packs on discount.

Reply to
Ian Stirling