Replace single broken plate

Was replacing tenant's fuse - opened cupboard, bottle fell out, dropped on a plate and smashed it. Bggr. Ok, I'll replace the broken plate. It's one from a set of 24

Does anybody know if there are any suppliers of single replacements? £25 is ok for a full set, it's just we'll end up with 2+7/8th of a set.

Ta.

Reply to
jgharston

Try

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Sorry just realised it's a US site.

Reply to
Jonathan

Ta.

Bottle fell out of the meter cupboard. Fell on to a plate. DHSS ?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Just smash one of every other piece to make a new matching set.

Reply to
ARW

IIRC there are a few places around which do that sort of thing; but really only for the high-value dinner services etc, not a relatively cheap Argos set.

Possible options: (1) ebay?

- oops just ended; but looks unsold? If that's not the right one you'd probably have to keep looking for a while; maybe set up a search email - and I expect you need to replace it now?

(2) which would probably be my preferred option - negotiate a value for the missing plate that the tenant's happy with (which will be some way less than £25 I'd hope), and just pay them cash - win-win.

Reply to
Lobster

When I broke one of my mother's Wedgwood plates last year I used

- excellent service and surprisingly inexpensive. I am not sure how wide a range he covers but it may be worth a look at his store.

Reply to
rbel

Are the tenants greek ?

Reply to
geoff

It makes no difference if they prefer anal sex. He still broke their plate.

Reply to
mike

That "we'll" in the last sentence is confusing me. Who will end up with an odd set? Is it your plate or their plate?

If it's their set, why not just give them the £25 and let them decide whether to replace it or not?

If it's your set then you have a number of choices. Ammend the inventory to show one less plate; buy a new set which may or may not match the old set; buy a new plate which may or may not match the old plate; point out clause 221b, subparagraph b122 in four point type at the end of the landlord's contract which clearly states cupboards should not be used for storing bottles and send them an invoice for £2573.66 compensation. (Said figure being clearly stated in two point type in clause 493r/8015970 of the same)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

That will be a bottle of Hendersons Relish.

Reply to
ARW

In message , Nick Odell writes

Or take standard insurance line - items are replaced at individual value not as part of a set.

Reply to
bert