Replace in-line fuse with socket AND in-line fuse?

All very true. There will, I would think, be a disclaimer on materials, if not already, by the makers. The disclaimer will be in the region of warning that electrical work should be done by a qualified electrician if the buyer is in any doubt about the installation. Oh! That's right, there is one on most electrical items in these DIY stores already so I've seen. So this change, or tightening, has been in the wind for a lot longer than we thought then?

Reply to
BigWallop

Quite possibly... chances are it is the IR who are driving this and a number of other initiatives. Anything that can force a section of the potential grey market to raise its head into the glare of tax visibility (i.e. trade body membership, hence identifiable as "trade") will be good news for them, irrespective of the costs or downsides.

Reply to
John Rumm