Replace bearings in Hotpoint WM64 washing machine

I am using a new front seal, but was unaware of the required new shaft, the one I have is slightly rusty (must say after 8 years very little) and seems fine. Cant seem to find it on the Hotpoint spares site

whats its part number, where could I get one ?

Now I'm worried ...

Reply to
Technical I.T. Ltd

Well, it wasn't that expensive so I got the two... the bearing surface is sintered and that's the bit to soak. I was blowed if I was going to skimp and then have to do it again!

The normal name is 'spider' - it's the three brackets and shaft assembly, all in one.

CPC do the parts...I *think* - but check with them that you want CPC part no WG30270066 which is 11.60 plus VAT. Or the entire spider/bearing kit is under 15 quid. Genuine parts. Phone number is 08701 20 25 30.

(later)

OK, I just looked at the site you mentioned. It's the 'drum support assembly' and has the same Hotpoint part number as the one abive (16000066). That's for the first WM64 variant listed, but I think it fits all of them, and in fact most Hotpoints prior to the WMA series. But they want 20.69 plus VAT!

Might as well go to CPC...P&P will be 2.95 I think, and it'll arrive tomorrow with luch (8.99 P&P to be sure, if you want it for the weekend).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oops...correction follows...

1600066 - that's the Hotpoint number, CPC stock no. WG30270066
Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah, I see ! Thanks for the help. Seeings that I've got this far dismantling it I figure like you I dont particularly want to skimp and have to do it again sometime soon ...

Reply to
Technical I.T. Ltd